

Abstract
I will use Autodesk Autocad & 3ds Max, maybe Lightwave, Adobe Flash, and whatever else I need to create a 3D model, animation, and an interactive web piece. The chair I designed Fall of 2009 will inspire a second piece which will move and or have moving parts. After a preliminary design is developed using sketches and various software, the final product will be rendered, animated, and web interactive. This will also be a stepping stone to my next full sized prototype to be made in fall 2010. The animation will show how my new furniture works but also how maybe how it evolves through motion. I will try to put it on my website or my blog.
Project Description
My new piece will be furniture maybe another chair or a lounge or a interpretation of a sofa. In continuing with the search for energy to be reinterpreted from automobiles I may look at boats and airplane for further inspiration to design some new piece. It could be potentially made out of mdf, wood, or metal, which can be shown through rendering. Taking advantage of multiple softwares will hopefully help me not only design the piece but figure out the moving parts. This piece will move with you, for you, and against you. The end product will at least be a digital prototype maybe if it develops properly it will lead to actual furniture.
Method
I will further develop my skills using AutoCAD and 3Dmax, along with learning to use Lightwave and Flash. The process of learning to use the tools as I design will be a great experience and should for the least result in some interesting creations. Sketching then processing the design in the computer then rendering and animating it will lead to modeling and constructing an actual prototype. Like in B.J. Novitski’s article Donald P. Greenberg says “We have always emphasized the teaching of concepts so that the students can ride the technological wave and never be outdated” (Novitski, 2000b).
Results/ Outcome and Conclusions
Results, outcome and conclusions will determine on my ability to learn to use new tools to design. The conclusions will feed into this summer and into the fall and further give evidence into my thesis proposal.
I will use Autodesk Autocad & 3ds Max, maybe Lightwave, Adobe Flash, and whatever else I need to create a 3D model, animation, and an interactive web piece. The chair I designed Fall of 2009 will inspire a second piece which will move and or have moving parts. After a preliminary design is developed using sketches and various software, the final product will be rendered, animated, and web interactive. This will also be a stepping stone to my next full sized prototype to be made in fall 2010. The animation will show how my new furniture works but also how maybe how it evolves through motion. I will try to put it on my website or my blog.
Project Description
My new piece will be furniture maybe another chair or a lounge or a interpretation of a sofa. In continuing with the search for energy to be reinterpreted from automobiles I may look at boats and airplane for further inspiration to design some new piece. It could be potentially made out of mdf, wood, or metal, which can be shown through rendering. Taking advantage of multiple softwares will hopefully help me not only design the piece but figure out the moving parts. This piece will move with you, for you, and against you. The end product will at least be a digital prototype maybe if it develops properly it will lead to actual furniture.
Method
I will further develop my skills using AutoCAD and 3Dmax, along with learning to use Lightwave and Flash. The process of learning to use the tools as I design will be a great experience and should for the least result in some interesting creations. Sketching then processing the design in the computer then rendering and animating it will lead to modeling and constructing an actual prototype. Like in B.J. Novitski’s article Donald P. Greenberg says “We have always emphasized the teaching of concepts so that the students can ride the technological wave and never be outdated” (Novitski, 2000b).
Results/ Outcome and Conclusions
Results, outcome and conclusions will determine on my ability to learn to use new tools to design. The conclusions will feed into this summer and into the fall and further give evidence into my thesis proposal.
No comments:
Post a Comment